Thursday, May 21, 2009

How can you ensure that employees are motivated without being perceived as an authoritarian?

What I cannot yell and scream at my employees?

With my own personal experience when dealing with my staff members two things has always works for me. Firstly treating my members as professionals and secondly trusting my employees. I will not hire someone if I feel the two qualities I mentioned do not exist in the potential employee. Today's management is all about team work.

I have no problems making my own copies or running around the office as a helping hand. "Action is louder then words" and I truly reflect the saying with my work not because I have to but because I want to feel like a part of the team rather then sitting on the thrown dictating my fellow citizens! My office doors are always open to my "team members." Almost every task in the company is a joint effort of dedication, motivation and team work.

I was not born with these noble thoughts but a reflection of my peers who taught me how to be a boss but not act like a boss!

Learning is still in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment